Attention Landlords & Letting Agents. . .
What is MEES?
As of April 1st 2018 tenancies aren't able to be started or renewed unless that property has an energy efficiency rating of E or above. For the Government guidelines simply search "The Private Rented Property minimum standard" on the Gov.uk website.
How Can We Help?
• Carry out an EPC as required
• Carry out a survey / assessment of possible works
• Provide a report with our findings and any free work/costings required
• Arrange the installation of work you approve
• Carry out a final EPC after the work has taken place to show new rating
What If I Don't Comply with MEES?
If a rating issue isn't addressed and resolved then the folling fines apply.
• Providing false or misleading information to the PRS Exemption Register
£1,000 Publication of Non-compliance
• Failure to comply with a compliance notice from a local authority
£2,000 Publication of Non-compliance
• Renting out a non-compliant property (Less than 3 months non-compliance)
£2,000 fixed penalty Publication of Non-compliance
• Renting out a non-compliant property (3 months or more of non-compliance)
£4,000 fixed penalty Publication of non-compliance